Kara’s Tamang Kain Journey at 6 months is when variety of solid foods given or introduced to her in puree form to complement breastfeeding and not to substitute nor replace it.
There are so many things I want to say in this post, but to simplify, let me do it by just answering questions I think necessary.
When did we start introducing solids?
– to be honest, pedia advised us to start as early as 5 months. He thoroughly explained to us why & we gt that, but we didn’t do it still😉. My partner & I waited until ALL the signs (according to American Academy of Pediatrics) are there that she’s ready to take in solids (yes, not just one or two but All).
What are those signs?
– good head control
– sits well when supported
– extrusion reflex ( pushing food out from her mouth) is gone
– weight doubled her birthweight
– curiosity about food (opens her mouth when given food)
Why I follow a certain meal plan?
– I want my daughter to eat varity of foods esp. fruits & vegies so when she reach 1 y.o. she will eat whatever food served on the table.
Schedule & amount of feeding…
-we started 2-3 tablespoons a day, twice a day after a week, then as much as she can tolerate. We don’t force her to eat, we just take cues from her. For her to have a positive dining experience , we let her eat with us during meals & we always make sure that the environment is calm and fun.
Why we used Montessori-inspired placemat?
– because as early as now we want to show and teach her practical skills in life. One thing that is essential at this age is she already knows the relationship of distance & juxtaposition. As well as the placement of objects between each other. As adults we usually take this for granted but for infants this is a great change & discovery in their world. You can buy/order placemats at Montessori Child Ph for a very affordable price.
So that’s it for now. If you have questions feel free to ask me in the comment box below😉